Have You Decided On Your Blogging Frequency?

There are many varied opinions on the frequency of posting on your Blog, depending on the goal of your Blog. Have you given it much thought?

Susan Gunelius of About.com advices:-
  • For maximum growth: post multiple times per day to drive the most traffic 
  • For steady growth: post at least once per day.
  • For slower growth: publish at least every 3 days or 2-3 times per week.
  • For very slow growth: posting less frequently than 2-3 days per week is most appropriate for    Bloggers who maintain blogs as a hobby with no strategic plans for growth.
I have subscribed to Blogs who posted once or twice a week, which was fine, until suddenly I notice that I am becoming inundated with posts, as they have changed to daily postings!
No problemo, if the posts are short, however, medium to long, I cannot read on a daily basis, as I just do not have the time to read all the post, no matter how informative.  Oftentimes as the postings have increased, I notice the content is not as informative or as rich as previous, and I am sorry to say, it is then I click on unsubscribe.  This has lead me to become very selective, as to which Blogs, I subscribe to. Every now and then I do a fine tune of all those I wish to continue subscribing to.
Shame - but a Blogger has to find the balance between quality and frequency.
  

If I have not heard from a Blogger for sometime, either through the RSS feeds or e-mail subscriptions, I tend to pop over to their site and check to see the frequency of their posting. If they have not posted for sometime eg. for a month,  I will unsubscribe or stop following that Blog,  as it appears they do not appear to be serious about their subject.
That is my personal opinion and that is something that I am quite conscious others may believe of me, when I do not post often on my Blog(s), especially on my inspirational site, where my posts on The Faith Lounge  tend to be lengthy, yet informative, but not regular. (for now!)
Check out this great post of Joshua Becker over at Becoming Minimalist, where he confirms a number of my thoughts on the frequency of Blogging and why he decided not to post daily.

4 comments:

  1. My goal is to post once a week, I'd love to drive my traffic to my site but that's about all the time I can commit.
    Stopping over from best posts of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Tuna,
    As long as you have your own personal goal that you meet. No wories!
    You adjust as time allows.

    Thanks for checking out my notepad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I started I blogged daily... then 4 times a week.... then 2 times a week.. For the past 8 months I blog once a week and love it! :-)

    God bless and have a Great Day! :-)

    BTW, thanks for your recent comment on my "Don't Mess With Old People!" post. ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Thank you The Old Geezer, for taking a look at my notepad, I am honoured as I know you have a busy blog.

    Rich blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete